Fine Print for the Meridian E-Zine and Its Contents
1) Legal disclaimer: Some of the work posted here is fan fiction, and some of it is original work. In no way is it intended to infringe the copyright and rights of anyone (person, company, agent, attorney) in any way. This is not a commercial enterprise at this time, and I am not making any money from this.
2) The author retains the rights to his or her work whether it is fiction, non-fiction, poetry, art, photography. The only rights I retain are to my own original work and to this e-zine.
3) This website is not intended for anyone under the legal age. YOU are responsible for braving the content of this e-zine. Warnings will be posted with each work. Act responsibly.
4) This e-zine will most likely contain something to offend someone. Everyone has a different opinion about art and/or politics and/or religion and/or literature. Please be prepared, please read warnings, and please have a mature attitude.
5) If you submit something to be published here, and it is published here, you don't get paid for it. I don't have money to pay people. If you want to print out a copy, please feel free. However, you cannot sell copies of the Meridian E-Zine, that contain copies or pictures of your work, for your own monetary gain. You can sell your work or post it somewhere else or it can be posted somewhere else on the Internet, but it has to be by itself and not as a printed copy of the Meridian E-Zine. I retain the rights to the Meridian E-Zine title, logo or logos, and all the original contents attributed to me. The authors of all other works within the Meridian E-Zine retain their rights to their works.
Zine/e-zine: From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia; a zine (an abbreviation of the word magazine; pronounced [zi-n], "zeen") is most commonly a small circulation, non-commercial publication of original or appropriated texts and images. More broadly, the term encompasses any self-published work of minority interest.
A popular definition includes that circulation must be 5,000 or less and the intention of the publication is not primarily to raise a profit.
An ezine is a periodic publication distributed by email or posted on a website. Ezines are typically tightly focused on a subject area.
Author: writer or artist of any work (writing, painting, drawing, digital art) displayed for public viewing on the Meridian E-Zine Website.
Fanfic, fan fiction: (also from Wikipedia) (alternately referred to as fanfiction, fanfic, FF or fic); is a broadly defined term for fiction about characters or settings written by admirers of the original work, rather than by the original creators. The term usually applies to works that are un-commissioned and unauthorized by the owner/creators and publishers of the original and usually (but not always) works which are not professionally published.
April 11, 2008 Margaret Newman, "mereridkat"